Dec 11, 2006

New Kid On The Block


I have a new job doing the advertising for Samsung. My first morning there I had to attend a status meeting for the agency. There was about 40 people in attendance. There was a writer from Prague and it was also his first day. We had to stand up in front of everyone and introduce ourselves a bit. I went first. I said, "some of you may recognize me because for many years I modeled underwear for Calvin Klein. I'm sure you've all seen me on billboards. I was also hooked on steroids and spent 9 hours a day working out in the gym." (This is funny because i weigh 135 pounds, soaking wet.) I told everyone I got tired of that life, so I decided to go into advertising. Everyone laughed except the new writer, who had to get up and follow my act which is no easy task.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm hooked. I had to check your Blog one more time before heading off to bed. Too funny! God, I've missed you! I see you're still completely crazy after all these years! ~Linda ;-)

Rico said...

Hahaha -- probably was a good litmus test. If nobody had laughed, then it wouldn't be a place you'd want to work for anyway.

Tommy Kane said...

Yes I'm still insane.

Renate said...

Oh no... I totally feel with the new writer. The poor guy ...

ksklein said...

You seem to be a pretty cool guy. I would never be able to introduce myself like you did. :D
The poor guy. I´m glad that I wasn´t in his position. But then - maybe it isn´t as hard to introduce yourself when everybody is laughing and in a good mood.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Made my day :)

Love your work - specially the building and street work.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow this drawing is gorgeous. I love the colour. Is it on Flickr - I really need to 'Favourite' it!