Dec 3, 2006

Motion Lotion



Drawing while in motion is no easy task. With practice anyone can do it. Sometimes I get a little intimidated by doing it. Once I begin I really enjoy the challenge. Here are a couple or recent examples. I should mention that the second drawing was done on the staten island ferry.

Also there is a podcast about me at The Illustrative Designer. It's a website of the great Von Glitschka I think you should give it a listen, even if it's only to find out how mental I am.

11 comments:

Mattias said...

Great interview Tommy, always nice to get a dimension more!

Yari said...

My jaw dropped at the site of your sketches.... So, so, good.

Yari said...

Any advise for a method other than carrying a very easily prone to get lost ruler for making straight lines while sketching on the go? Ufff-- (getting air)

Tommy Kane said...

You can use a tiny piece of card board. A ripped cigarette pack. A pencil. Run your pen along a pencil. Or do what I do and never use a ruler. Just draw a straight line and let it be a little squiggly. That's what gives it personality.

mrana said...

l sketches, so full of character and so expressive.

mrana said...

I meant to say Wonderful. sigh.

Tommy Kane said...

I understand. thank you.

Renate said...

Great sketches. The car looks like an airplane cockpit though.

Tommy Kane said...

You know these fancy cars.

Joel Kimmel said...

Great stuff, Tommy. Is there actually an option on that dashboard that says 'Air Bag Off'? I've never seen that before. I also really like your new painting, Blue Horse. The bird is great, I've recently become addicted to painting birds. Thanks for posting so regularly!

Big A said...

The top drawing is great, it looks like a robot or monster face. I always enjoy visiting your site. Cheers!