Oct 26, 2006

A Trade



A while ago I received an e-mail from an artist with a proposition for me. He said he liked my style of portraiture and wanted to know if I would draw him. In return he would do a portrait of me. His name was Rama Hughes. I went to his website and looked at his work. I loved what I saw so I quickly took up his offer. An interesting fact about Rama is that he is the son of poet, Lanston Hughes. When I received Rama's drawing, I was thrilled with the result. I'm very glad Rama contacted me. I told him it would be a great idea for a website, to get other artists to draw each other.

2 comments:

Erik Mallinson said...

um... If Langston Hughes died in 1967 and Rama Hughes was born in 1974 how does that work? In his bio he admits (or claims) that there is one lie in each paragraph, so it could be one or the other.

rama hughes said...

hey tommy, that article about the portrait party hit the newsstand today and this portrait swap was featured very prominently. you can find it on pgs. 14 and 15 of the april 2008 issue of The Artist's Magazine. You should get a copy in the mail too.