Aug 12, 2006

Storm Clouds


I did this drawing from my head. In all of the drawings I show on my blog I draw from real life. I go to a place and draw the building, car or person. For this one I just took my pen and paper and drew. When doing something like this it is best to have an idea in mind. I was thinking about the state of the world today and wanted to somehow get my feeling across. I think this did the trick.

There is yet another interview with me. This one in Carpal tunnel Magazine. Check it out here.

Also I was fearured again on DRAWN. Check it here.

8 comments:

Karen at Pen in Hand said...

Very Edward Gorey, Tommy. (In a good way, of course.)

Renate said...

Great drawing! It shows a feeling that I'm sure most people can relate to sometimes!

Mike Rohde said...

I love it Tommy — nice work! I really love your style.

I think it's a great excercise to draw from your mind's eye, sometimes it can be much more challenging than drawing objects that exist. :-)

dibujador said...

very nice Tommy,
yes, I think drawing from the mind is the best. Agree with Mike, but I think that "the excercise" is to draw objects.

Mattias said...

Wonderful drawing, yes sometimes the state of our world can be overwhelming, luckily there is sweet things as well

suzanne said...

I find it so challenging drawing from my imagination. I don't understand why, but I unconsciously switch over to drawing in cartoons...hmm. Anyway, your planning seems to pay off. Not only do I appreciate your composition, but also your concept. I feel very much under that dark cloud too.

oscilis said...

I like your illustration style very much and the stories that go with them.

iPad Case said...

Yes, this drawing does convey your message. However, what I also get from the drawing is that this person is attracting the rain to themselves (presumably due to their worrying).