Aug 11, 2006

Scary Movie


I have lived in the East Village of Manhattan for 25 years. Ever since I can remember there has been a store called Enchantments. It is a place where real witches and warlocks can go to buy the ingredients for their spells and potions. I am not kidding. It is a real place. I have never actually been in the store. I don't want to risk getting turned into a cricket or a moth or something. When I was drawing this a lot of funny people were going in and out of the joint. Anyway it's nice to know that all of our scary friends have a place of their own to go and congregate.

4 comments:

Felicity said...

What amazing things you see! The details (that I would probably leave out) like the cars, graffiti, fire escape etc., are so interesting too. I like that these mysterious people take Mastercard and Visa!

beissirissa said...

Interesting blog about your hunger for lust, keep up the good work hunger for lust http://www.beautifully-wicked-poetry.com

Arty said...

We gotta get the stuff somewhere:)

eliza said...

I went to Enchantments once in high school, with a friend who had just become a Wiccan. It wasn't too scary in there- the owner got fed up with us because we didn't have a lot of money to spend. Also, I tripped over her cat. Anyway, thank you for the walk down memory lane. I love looking at your sketches! How did you get the shadow behind the fire escape in this one?