Aug 20, 2006

Old School


I dug up this old drawing I did. Now I just draw in my moleskine books. Years ago I had a drawing table, lamp and the whole set up but I got rid of it because there is no room in my New York apartment. Anyway this is the way I used to draw. Now I'm happier pumping out a sketch in 45 minutes. I must say it does look good shrunk down in size for my blog. It looks a little michelangelo like. I draw a lot simplar now But I do have mad skills.

Check me out in Juxtapoz Magazine online. It doesn't get any better than that.

8 comments:

Felicity said...

Interesting, the subject may be different but your style is recognisable. I'm glad you're not doing models faces anymore, too cliched!

Paula said...

I prefer your style now, it has FAR more personality! Thank you for inspiring me! :)

dibujador said...

thank you for your e-mail!
you are invited to Argentina when you want.
i´m sure you had a great moment with Tasio right? boys are amazing

Renate said...

Call me boring .. I like it!

suzanne said...

Dang, you do have mad skills!

Susan said...

It's fun to go through your archives when I have time on my hands.

When I was an undergrad and schooled in poetry, we had to work and work at creating all the various poetic forms from sonnets, onward. What all of us wanted to write was free verse, but the old school trained our ears, and we learned to create more distinct shapes and to sharpen the ends of the stanzas and to crave rhythms. When we were free to create our own styles, they had the kind of substance we wouldn't have found if we'd gone straight to it. But it felt great to finally be let free, that's for sure.

I need some coffee. xo

Cindy Tandiyah said...

Love this so muccchhhhh!!!!!!
Did you used pencil color for this picture??
thx...

Changhoon said...

You want to find a promotional products company that have special deals and every day low prices. I have a weakness for fresh seafood. If used to hand wash it may even burn your skin. Vacuum Pumps Their Types And Uses This prevents small items from accidentally falling down the hole when you dismantle the tap.