Aug 9, 2006

My Buddy


This is my friend Jan. He was born in Prague but the family was forced to leave when the Russians took over. His dad is a journalist. They moved to Vienna and that is where he grew up. So he was a big help to us on our trip there. I met him through my friends Pat and Licia who live on the farm. I am their son Tasio's godfather, and I met Jan, Licia's cousin, during Tasio's christening in Italy. Just by chance he was coming to New York a few months ago, and he stayed in my apartment his first 8 days here. We showed him a great time, and he and his wonderful family showed us a side of life there the normal tourist wouldn't see. Now we have made some really great friends for life.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I can almost feel the texture in that hat!

pacoandfriends said...

I know the hat is great.

el-ed said...

nice lines, nice colors
saludos!

Jana Bouc said...

I love the drawing--he looks so stylish and dapper. Great expressive lines.