Aug 28, 2006

Morning Moleskine



My new thing is to do a painting in the morning. It takes Yun a while to get ready. She doesn't leave the apartment until around nine. I found myself working in my new moleskine. The watercolor one. I just look around my apartment and choose a little object that happens to be there. These are my first two attempts. Not bad. I was kind of struggling with this watercolor book because of the size. The subject matter I was trying to do was way too grand. But these simple little objects are perfect. It is a nice example of using time I would ordinarily waste and put it to good use.

Xk9 did a nice little post about me. The great Bill Dawson is the man behind Xk9 design.

7 comments:

kevin said...

You drew the clock at advertisement time.

Tommy Kane said...

Very good observation. I didn't realize that.

dibujador said...

excellent! great works, I love the Buda

sink sink socks said...

But now don't you want to buy abonnet or a cloak to carry home to your wife?Well, you're domina fotos whistlin' now, birdie; that's my intention; set 'em allout.

Liz said...

Nice. Painting-a-day is inspiring. I've never owned one of those moleskins... what size do you use?

aynaku said...

hi, thanx for your comment on artfulwisdom...
I really like your dancing hawaian ballerina and the Buddha as well...great lines and colours
;)

pickleshane said...

There's a rosary strung around the Buddha... interesting :-)