Jun 1, 2006

Twas The night Before


What did I do the day before I was to get married? Run around making last minute preparations? No. Get my tuxedo from the dry cleaners? No. I went to the west side highway with Danny Gregory and drew in my moleskine journal. In a lot of ways it was a day just like any other. But in the back of my head I knew it wasn't. It was my last day as a bachelor. It was not an easy day to draw. It was fleet week in New York City so Danny and I were trying to draw the ships but of course there were problems. They wouldn't let Danny bring watercolors onto the first shipwe saw, they never really explained why. We tried to get onto another but they wanted to charge us $20 bucks each so we said forget it. There was a tank we wanted to draw but it was fenced off and they wouldn't let us near it. So we ended up sitting in the middle divider that seperates the west side highway. Of course it started raining but we kept at it. The drawing didn't come out so good because I couldn't really concentrate. I was too busy thinking about my girlfriend Yun who in 12 more hours was going to be my wife. Once i'm officially married i'm sure my drawings will dramatically improve along with my luck.

6 comments:

Felicity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Felicity said...

Wouldn't know from the drawing that you went to draw ships! Guess they didn't like the water in watercolor? Glad you didn't immortalise them, this is a great slice of urban life.

neilornstein said...

well congratulations on your marriage and on your wonderful drawing style both. Regards, neil

danny Gregory said...

They better get better, son,.
Your pal,
DOG

trophiogrande said...

I got married a little over a year ago, and I feel my drawings got a lot better...either that or I was just more determined to get better. Congratulations.

gabreil said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.