Apr 28, 2006

No Parking


I'm trying to do something new in my drawings. I was crossing the street and found this parking ticket in the gutter. It makes a perfect backdrop for this doodle. Now when I look around the streets I find lots of good junk that would be great in my sketches. You will probably see more of this type of thing show up on my blog. My wife can't believe some of the garbage I pick up off the streets. I can't help myself. I basically see art everywhere. We'll see where it leads. Hopefully not a dead end. That was a bad car pun. I'm starting to lose it.

4 comments:

Karen at Pen in Hand said...

The parking ticket was an inspired backdrop for the sketch, Tommy. Makes me wonder how big a sketchbook or paper you use. Here in Cleveland, the parking tickets are pretty sizable things. Not that I've ever gotten one, of course. Noooo....

Judy said...

What a great idea for a sketch! I would love to see more of this. BTW, my husband thinks I'm crazy as well. That's OK, I enjoy playing with other people's trash!

Vee said...

Have you ever seen foundmagazine.com?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

OH MY GOD! Amazing.