Apr 12, 2006

Bombs Away


Let's face it, i'm a real simpleton when it comes to world affairs. I really don't have a clue of what i'm talking about. But I don't mind putting in my two cents. Let's look at all the countries with nuclear weapons. United States, Soviet Union, Britian, France, China, India, Pakistan, Isreal and North Korea. That's a lot of crazy people, with us being the only ones to have ever used them. We were all upset when North Korea, India and Pakistan were all trying to make bombs. But in the end they always seem to get them and it really doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Now Iran is on the verge of having these weapons. We all know that it is just a matter of time until they do. I don't think any of these countries have any intentions of ever using them. They are just bargaining chips. You can't play poker with the big boys unless you can afford the chips to be in the game. We seem to roam the world telling every country what to do. You shut up, you stay put while we take all the oil from your neighbor, you be happy with this leader we are going to install. If I was some poor person in one of these third world countries I would want my government to have some power in order to stand up in this world. We always portray ourselves as the defenders of the world. But sometimes I get the feeling that most of these countries, even our allies, are really trying to defend themselves against us.

1 comment:

ssimonsez said...

You have a way of perfectly articulating my same viewpoint on nearly every topic. I always enjoy reading your blog! (Perhaps we should send a link to our elected officials!) Although they'll probably find us anyway -- phone tapping ... phishing ...etc.!