Mar 13, 2006

Nature Calls


When you live in New York City you don't really get to interact with nature. The hardest part is the winters. You never really see a sunset or sunrise in the city. In the winter it is dark all the time. Today is March 29th and i am feeling like the winter is finally behind me. It's staying light out until about 6:45. I am itching to see some nature, get some sun on my face, be outside with just a t-shirt on. Yun wants to go to Washington DC at the end of the month to see the cherry blossoms. I've never seen that before. I will definately bring my sketch book and do some journal drawings. Probably in color. If they are any good i'll post them here. Last week i bought some porterhouse steaks and went to my friend Frankie V's house for a bar-b-que. It was about 10 degrees out but who cares. Frankie had a bar-b-que the day of our big snowstorm this year. He had to shovel a path just to get to the grill. When you live in New York you go to extremes to get a little feeling like your out in nature. Even if it means bar-b-queing on avenue B when it's 10 degrees out.

No comments: