Mar 21, 2006

Heroes


When I first put up my web site I sent the link to a lot of artists whose work I admire. I don't know them personally and have never met any of them. They are the great artists of our time whose works have kept me motivated. There is no better feeling in the world than when you open your email and there is a letter from James Jean or Gary Taxali or John John Jesse. Wow that blew my mind. To think people like that were actually taking the time to look at my work. Amazing. I'll never get over how amazing this internet is. When I heard from Plines and the Wooster Collective saying how much they love what i'm doing, I actually did a little jig. It was around St. Patrick's day anyway. Also my good friend Danny Gregory, whose work I think is brilliant, gave me such great compliments. Deep down I really do have doubts about if I am any good or not. Hearing from all these wonderful artists has helped me feel better about what i'm up to. Can't wait to see what i come up with next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This drawing is stunning -- the blue sky is such a great touch. I check into your blog everyday to see what's up.

sam said...

thanks for doing this blog tom. really.
it's great to see your art again. and the humble shit is sort of charming but you know you're one talented s.o.b. p.s. sorry to hear about the raven.

Amanda said...

wow. Great work. I can't believe I haven't been here before. I look forward to digging through all these pages. Very inspiring.

Graham McArthur said...

I found my way here from somewhere I can't remeber, but I am glad I did. Great work. I will be back often.