Mar 1, 2006

Cold One





I noticed in my sketchbooks that i draw beer often. When i was a little kid my dad and uncle were always watching Mets games and having a cold beer or three. Every once in a while they would give me a sip if i asked. Those first few times my eyes rolled into the back of my head with disgust. Man, that is the worst crap i've ever tasted. Finally at a certain age it doesn't taste so bad anymore. I'm not saying it tasted good, but it was sort of drinkable. Then you reach a point where it's actually tasty. I'm not sure what age that is. Now every once in a while when i have that first sip of a beer after a hard day i get that flashback to when i was a kid. It's something about the taste that makes me feel like a kid having that first sip that didn't taste too bad. They always drank Reingold. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes me have that flashback. It doesn't happen too often. I can't wait for spring to come. My friend Lipp and i always go the The St. Mark's Alehouse on 8th street in New York City. They have big windows that are open to the street so you can interact with the urchins. If you're ever in New York and pass by and see a nut sitting in the window with a sketchbook, say hello it will probably be me.

No comments: